The NWEA sector specialists have arranged their policy project activities into committees, subcommittees and working groups. The chairman is a member of NWEA. The sector specialists contribute as secretary.
Activities often have a multi-year scope and are carried out in networks with many different (types of) organisations. NWEA members can sit on a committee, subcommittee or working group or be involved as an agenda member.
Onshore Wind Committee
Development of onshore wind farms at the lowest possible cost to society.
This committee has two subcommittees and nine working groups.
- Government policy, legislation and regulations and spatial plans
- Elaboration of regional energy strategies
- The impact of wind energy on the living environment, the energy system, the cost of energy production and the grid infrastructure and other activities
Offshore Wind Committee
Development of wind farms in the Dutch North Sea at the lowest possible cost to society.
This committee has 3 working groups.
- Expansion of wind farms in the Dutch North Sea
- Making offshore wind energy more cost-effective
- Consultation (site decisions, laws and regulations) and policy development with government and politics and other activities
Export opportunities for Dutch offshore wind energy companies
- Export opportunities
- Strong International Network in Global Wind Energy
- Trade fairs and events
Committee on Health and Safety
Safe working conditions in the wind energy sector
- Sector platform for knowledge and information sharing
- Occupational health and safety catalogue for the wind energy sector
Human Capital Platform
Ensuring an adequately skilled workforce for the sector
Action plan and network sector
Stimulating lateral inflow
Sector’s image among young people
Platform for Public Affairs
Wind energy development and politics
- PA issues for NWEA
Platform for communication
Coordination of communications between the association and our members.