Offshore Industry – Wind Edition
16 november @ 11:00 - 17:00
THE FUTURE OF OFFSHORE NETHERLANDS, GERMANY AND BELGIUM
The wind sector is in a state of constant change. For the first time new projects are being delayed and withdrawn by operators reporting lack of profit, while at the same time the Dutch government withheld subsidy due to high profits during the energy crisis. During this maelstrom of investment, China threatens to take over Europe’s leadership position in the global wind market, recently putting the world’s largest offshore windmill in operation.
There are more and more challenges with grid capacity, need for new offshore infrastructure, labour shortages in the sector, and looming climate goalsl. Wind is up against what could be the largest challenge of its lifetime. Exactly the moment to get together to discuss what needs to be done and how we can achieve it. Be part of the solution and join the conversation at Offshore Industry: Wind edition!
THEMES OF OFFSHORE INDUSTRY 2023: WIND EDITION
- Grid capacity: infrastructure bottleneck to transition?
- Engineers of the future
- Rise of China: Europe’s battle for leadership in wind
- Floating wind as precision tool in energy transition
- Steel boneyards: recycling the old generation of windmills
- Diversifying portfolio and investing in wind as non-operators