FIBRE REINFORCED POLYMER COMPOSITES
31 december| €995
Design and produce with lightweight composite materials
How to (re)design products in fibre reinforced plastic composites? With attention for the right choice of materials, an efficient structural design and knowledge of the possible production processes and the way of assessing the product.
In this course you will get handles to apply composite materials in your own work. You will get insight in the behaviour of the materials, the sustainability and the costs to come to a completed product.
You also receive clear guidelines to make your own easily producible design. The matter will be illustrated with good and bad examples of use of composites in practical examples and demonstrations of production processes.
Composites made accessible
In this course:
- You get insight in the most important technical aspects in design and production of composite products.
- You get an overview of the various existing composite materials and their properties.
- You gain understanding of the opportunities and impossibilities, pros and cons of composites.
- You learn to perform a structured material selection for your design.
- You learn to make basic calculations on composite materials.
- You learn about producing techniques and quality assurance techniques.
- You get insight in costs en necessary investments for producing composite elements.
Engineers, designers, constructers, consultants, contractors and manufacturers who want to use fibre reinforced plastic composites, design with them, count on or advise on material selection in the application of composites.
A date for this course will be planned when when there is sufficient interest. For more information, contact PAOTM.